Hello everyone!
I have exactly 10 minutes and 14 seconds of Internet time to tell you all that we are having an AWESOME time in London. So far we've toured Westminster Abbey and Cathedral, St. Martin's in the Fields, the British Museum, the National Gallery (Fellow Art Historians, be proud to know, I got to play tour guide to my family... yay Vermeer!), taken the London Eye, bought Muffins on Drury Lane (VIA, "Do You Know the Muffin Man?"), and watched the sun go down behind Big Ben and Parliament (which are both a block away from our hotel). We also got a chance to see Buckingham Palace and the statuesque guards, and took some time wandering around St. James Park (like Central Park only more beautiful... the British certainly know their gardening!)
Our hotel is right on the Thames Riverfront, which is stunning. Our first night here, we got sandwiches and watched the street performers along the old docks. There are some really awesome acts out here... one fellow was doing some amazing magic tricks, with a big sign out front by saying "Hogwarts Tuition: Astrologically High!", another crew were all dressed up as statues. I've never spent more time being amazed at some one's ability to stand still for half an hour. Then again, standing on one foot with an arm out does make it slightly more interesting. Of course, there are also the street musicians. These people are actually very talented and many of them do have their own shows and CD's, but the Riverfront has a long history of Street Theatre, so they've formed a little bit of a club to keep up the tradition. I love this city!!!
Alright, sprint version... I have 5 minutes left (I'm not a slow typer, just trying to remember and say everything that there is to say! How do you capture life in a sentence?)
Tomorrow we leave for Paris at 5... yes, in the morning! Well worth it though. We're set to see the Louvre, Le Madeline, Notre Dame, and, of course, the Eiffel Tower. We do get a chance to return to London at the very end of our trip, when we're set to see "Anthony and Cleopatra" at the Globe Theatre, followed by one of Broadway's own (either Phantom of the Opera, or Les Miserables... though Nick's pushing for Lion King. You all know where my vote lies). Not to mention Scotland, Ireland, and Oxford... but I'm hoping to get another chance to tell you about those. Oh, and, yes, for anyone who was absolutely desperate to know, my Dad and I have spoken to our Inn Keeper for Scotland and she said she makes Haggis on request. Guess who requested it?
Alright, time is up, gotta go! I hope you all are enjoying your summers. Happy 4th! How was the parade? And the fireworks? I want to hear all about it!
Take care of yourselves, stay safe, and have fun! Miss you!
Much love,
-Sara
P.S. Remind me to tell you all about the Hunchback of Westminster Abbey
Friday, March 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment